There are literally millions of domain names out there. Your job is to choose one that works the best for marketing your mobile notary business.
It doesn’t matter too much what name you choose if you only want to have it printed on your business cards and notary association listings. But if you want to have the search engines pick it up and give your website a free organic listing with a good page rank so you can pick up new clients who are searching for your mobile notary services on the Internet you will want to choose your domain name wisely.
The price you pay for an available domain name is the same — regardless of whether you choose a good one or a terrible one. And a good domain name can be worth its weight in gold!
Get The Most Bang-For-Your-Buck Or Ten Bucks!
* First — Use the keyword ‘mobile notary’ in your domain name. This helps the search engines (especially Google, Yahoo, and Bing) to classify your website in the proper search category. They do this by using keywords. A keyword can be either one word or a word phrase that a person would type into the search bar when looking for something specific on the Internet.
* Next — include your area in your domain name. This helps the search engines to classify your website to the proper local area. Depending on your coverage area you will probably want to use your city or possibly county. Consider what a potential client would typically type into a search bar when looking for mobile notary services in your area.
* Maybe — include your business name if it is short. Just so you know, it isn’t necessary to have your business name in your domain name. Keep in mind that the object is for people to find you on the search results pages for mobile notary in your area. And chances are, when they are searching, they are not going to type in your business name.
* Length is also a consideration. Your domain name shouldn’t end up terribly long, so you will have to decide what combination of keyword, area, and possibly business name to use. You might want to write down some potential domain names in advance, as your first choice may not be available.
* Use dot com as your first choice or dot net as your second choice. The dot com definitely earns the most respect in the business and Internet worlds.
Examples of your best choices would be… MobileNotaryYourCity or YourCityMobileNotary.
Examples of your next best choices would include changing the word order or adding a word, such as… MobileYourCityNotary, MobileNotaryInYourCity, MobileNotaryOfYourCity, YourCityMobileNotaryServices, etc. I think you get the idea.
Important Marketing Tip! Domains are not case-sensitive and are usually shown in all lower case letters. However, this doesn’t mean you have to use them in your advertising materials that way. For your business cards, brochures, email signatures, internet links, etc. you may choose to use some capital letters to help your clients and potential customers see the actual words. Since there are no spaces in domain names — compare these example views: mobilenotaryyourcity vs. MobileNotaryYourCity. See how you can see the actual words more clearly in the second one?
I hope you can see that choosing your domain name wisely and printing it properly in your advertising materials can make a big difference when it comes to effectively marketing your mobile notary business. It not only lends to your professional image but it can also help you get additional business for a nominal price when used as part of a good marketing plan.